We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Regional Environmental Coordinator
to implement and continuously improve an environmental management system involving work in air quality, water quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, community right-to-know act, and other applicable environmental regulations. This position will provide environmental services and oversight for our sawmills in Anderson, Burney, and Shasta Lake, CA.About The Position
• Work closely with the Environmental Manager, Division Managers, and Division Safety/Environmental Coordinators to ensure timely and technical accuracy of work
• Manage compliance with multiple programs such as air quality permits, wastewater discharge permits, stormwater pollution prevention plans, emissions monitoring plans, and various record keeping and reports
• Recommend and oversee implementation of facility improvements necessary to ensure compliance with air quality, water quality, and other regulatory programs
• Review plans prepared to comply with regulatory requirements
• Provide updates to plans/policies to reflect changing site conditions and to ensure compliance with applicable standards
• Prepare and review reports for external and internal submittals as required by permits, other regulatory requirements, and internal policy
• Support root cause investigations with data analysis and recommendations
• Assist in implementation of company-wide environmental initiatives
• Provide environmental training to crew members and supervisors assigned to relevant tasks
• Frequent travel between the facilities with occasional overnight travelQualifications
• Bachelor of Science in engineering, natural sciences or related field strongly preferred
• Capability to read manuals, inspect and assess operating equipment, compare operating data to specifications, identify problems and recommend solutions
• Familiarity with EPA and State environmental regulations
• Familiarity with mechanical and fluid systems, chemistry, geology and geochemistry, systems modeling, data acquisition and analysis, and compliance assurance
• Ability to work independently, analyze problems, and make decisions with minimal oversight
• Skillful working in a team to engage coworkers, consultants, and regulators. Manage team interactions to accomplish work.
• Commitment to safety and Company policy
• Ability to manage multiple priorities under demanding circumstances
• Understand quality assurance and process improvement techniques
• Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC based reporting system applicationsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $70,000 to $105,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.