We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Sierra Pacific Windows has an opening for a qualified Design Engineer
to work collaboratively with our newest and largest window and door manufacturing facility, located in Phenix City, AL
. This on-site position is highly collaborative, involving working with our teams in production, product development, customer service, and sales.About The Position
• Engineer designs for window and door systems
• Design, test and analyze new and existing products
• Assist with development and improvement of designs with emphasis on design for manufacturability
• Work with sales, service, and sales teams to evaluate feedback on product performance
• Work with suppliers to evaluate components and materials
• Assist with testing and certification of products
• Provide and assist in maintaining accurate product documentation
• Work in a team environment involving production, customer service, sales and others
• Some travel will be expectedQualifications
• Engineering degree preferred (mechanical, manufacturing or related)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in window and door design
• Familiarity with window and door performance and installation
• Understanding of fenestration manufacturing methods
• Strong organizational, project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Proficiency with SolidWorks and AutoCADWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
11605 Reading Road
Red Bluff, CA 96080
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $115,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.