At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division has an opening for a qualified Forester to help manage the Company's timberlands in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish counties. The successful applicant will be required to work out of the Burlington, Washington office. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who shares our passion for land stewardship and the forest industry and seeks to advance their career.
About The Position
• Assist, as needed, with silvicultural programs including reforestation, vegetation management, thinning, animal damage, and regeneration surveys
• Assist in the management of the Company's seed orchard including fertilization, vegetation management, irrigation, and cone collection
• Effectively work both within a team setting and independently in remote areas, in all seasons and weather conditions
• Professionally and effectively interact with state regulatory agencies and diverse stakeholder group
• Other forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Forest Technician degree
• 1 year experience in harvest engineering and layout in the Pacific Northwest preferred
• Solid understanding of logging, road construction, and silviculture operations
• Working familiarity with Washington forest practice rules
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, and a strong work ethic
• Skilled with Word, Outlook, Excel, ArcGIS software
• Have or obtain a valid Washington driver's license, and ability to drive hazardous mountain roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by January 17, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
P. O. Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.