At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a professional Network Engineer experienced with network wiring, wireless technologies, Cisco routers & layer 3 switches, VOIP/VLAN’s and facility planning.
About The Position
• Professional network support covering WAN/LAN, Cisco routers & layer 3 switches, VLAN’s, VOIP, Wi-Fi • Participate in planning & design for all WAN/LAN specifications.
• Coordinate tasks and priorities connected with keeping network communications and servers running.
• Monitoring and applying Microsoft, Cisco, SonicWALL and other version upgrades, service packs and security patches.
• Specify and periodically review network documentation, capacity planning and potential upgrades.
• Support all network security measures.
• Provide field support for all locations, some travel including weekends will be required.
• Review and replace network switches, routers, and related peripherals as required.
• Providing basic network and wiring training and tools for remote support personnel.
• Interpret, prioritize and communicate all user requests.
• Participate in all planning, design and Internet/WAN specification sessions.
• Coordinate tasks and priorities connected with keeping the Internet/WAN running.
• Participate in testing of all changes and new development prior to implementation.
• Provide field assistance with support and testing of network security measures.
• Provide on-going support for internal SPI communications.
• At least 2 years’ experience required with physical plant network infrastructure including: Ethernet wiring, fiber optic, point to point wireless, extended Ethernet connections, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP & VLANS.
• Proficient with Cisco router & layer 3 switch configuration, Firewalls, VPN, Network Security, and Group Policies.
• Proven success working with DSL, T-1, Fiber Optic, Wireless, MPLS, WANs, LANs, Wi-Fi and related technologies.
• Familiarity with SonicWALL appliances, Mitel VOIP, Sophos Security Suite, Wireshark, Cisco Wireless Controller, and Network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds “Orion”.
• Integrity and customer service are very important; we are seeking candidates who share these values.
• Willingness and ability to work independently.
• Candidates should either live in the general Redding area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by May 1, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.