At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Diesel Mechanic for the Trucking division based in Anderson, CA.
About The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on diesel trucks, pick-up trucks, log trailers, and semi-trailers
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of vehicles and maintain maintenance records
• Operate equipment as needed
• Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• 2 years’ diesel mechanic experience required
• Proven prior experience working the above mentioned vehicles required
• Knowledge of Cummins Insite and Davie diagnostic tools a plus
• Preference give to applicants with fabrication and metal work experience
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines
• Required to have own tools and perform all job duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• All applicants must be at least age 18
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
19758 Riverside Ave
Anderson, CA 96007
Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm