At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Machinist for our Fabrication Shop at our Shelton division. How To Apply
About The Position
• Responsible for running and operating CNC mills and Lathes
• Analyze manufacturing drawings to develop parts using multiple axis machining operations
• Create and set up tooling and fixtures
• Work closely with engineers
• Determine and utilize proper speeds and feeds to reference point location
• Maintain quality and manufacturing standards while adhering to the guidelines of a safe work environment
• 2 years’ recent, verifiable machinist experience or educational equivalent
• Programming software experience a plus
• Ability to manually setup and operate Engine Lathes, horizontal and vertical mills and drill presses to produce precision parts.
• Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings.
• Familiar with speeds and feeds
• Demonstrated ability to consistently hit tight tolerances (+/- .001) or better when needed
• Understanding of bearing fits
• Familiar with machining steel (A36, 1045, 4140), aluminum, and plastics
• All applicants must be at least age 18
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please inquire by calling:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Ask for Human Resources
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.