At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Diesel Mechanic/Welder to work collaboratively with our division in Lincoln, CA.How To Apply
About The Position
• Perform maintenance and repairs of all rolling stock in a safe and efficient manner
• Weld repairs on heavy equipment
• Able to use a cutting torch, drill press, grinder (hand-held and stationary), and hand tools
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Work closely with mechanics on shift
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor
• Requires working all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime
• Experience as gas and diesel mechanic is preferred
• Able to operate heavy equipment
• Experience using torch, arc weld and gas weld
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines
• Able to perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1440 Lincoln Boulevard
Lincoln, CA 95648
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.