At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Lead Planer Operator to work collaboratively with our division based in Aberdeen, WA. This is an opportunity to take on a lead role and assist with planer functions.How To Apply
About The Position
• Sharpen planer knives
• Perform preventative maintenance on planer
• Recognize, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical defects
• Repair, set-up and adjust planer for required sizes
• Recognize defects in lumber
• Perform duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• Assure safe work practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Assist Planer Supervisor in training, directing, and coordinating work of Planer Operators
• Work may consist of day or swing shift work, with some overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
• 2 years’ experience operating a planer required
• At least 1 year lead or supervisory experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment required
• 5 or more years’ experience working in a wood products manufacturing environment a plus
• Understand machinery operations and related hydraulics, with sufficient knowledge to address both preventative and corrective maintenance
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Knowledge of all Planer functions in addition to lumber grades and sizes
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person by
April 23rd, 2021 at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
301 Hagara Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Can’t make it in? Give us a call.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.