What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Millwright Maintenance Technician
for our division based in Shelton, WA. About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Operate arc welder, cutting torch, hand tools, forklift and welding truck
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• There is occasional heavy lifting while working with both hot and cold weather environments
• Work may consist of nights, overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production timesQualifications
• 2 years' recent verifiable related work history or educational equivalent
• Proficient in welding, cutting, and using hand tools for repairs
• Able to recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics preferred
• Industrial/sawmill maintenance is a plusWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please inquire by calling:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers