At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
How To Apply
We are seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Mechanic person to work collaboratively with our division in Quincy, CA.
About The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on both gas and propane forklifts, loaders, and other various equipment
• Recognize, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of equipment and maintain maintenance records
• Perform duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• There is occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold environments
• Work may consist of day or swing-shift, with some overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines, equipment hydraulics, and electrical systems preferred
• Preference given to applicants with fabrication and metal work experience
• Proven prior experience working on various machines including the above-mentioned equipment
• All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.