At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
How To Apply
This is a training opportunity to become a Certified Log Scaler and work with one of the largest lumber manufacturing companies in the U.S. The successful candidate must be motivated to learn and work towards becoming a certified scaler within 6 months
About The Position
• Assist in all facets of operation in the log yard in a safe and efficient manner
• Assist scalers with measuring logs
• Measure logs to determine scale (volume) and quality (grade)
• Learn and become proficient in scaling rules and procedures
• Learn Weighmaster duties and procedures
• Safely and efficiently operate log yard equipment, including front-end loader and water truck
• Work to support continuous improvement and overall quality efforts
• Recognize problems and take initiative to promptly correct
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and other departments
• Adhere to all safety policies and perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner
• This position is based in Anderson, with travel regularly to other Sierra Pacific manufacturing sites within Northern CA
• Attend log scaling classes and pass examination to become Certified Log Scaler within 6 months
• One year of recent experience as a Log Scaler is preferred, or one year of recent experience operating log yard equipment may be considered
• Knowledgeable in log grades and specie identification
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to solve simple and moderate math problems
• Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, there are 2 ways you can apply:
Let’s talk! Apply in person Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm at:
19758 Riverside Avenue
Anderson, CA 96007
Send a resume and cover letter referencing this position to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 10939
Anderson, CA 96007
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.