At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
How To Apply
We are seeking two qualified Inventory Foresters to work with our Forestry Division based in Anderson, CA. The successful candidates should have working knowledge of forest inventory methods and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experience.
About The Position
• Perform data queries and analyses using GIS for numerous internal and contract technical specialists
• Generate maps and resource reports
• Provide technical assistance to other GIS staff, foresters, and technical specialists relating to standard data collection tools and systems (e.g., iPad, GPS, various programs and applications)
• Maintain and update GIS map files and associated data in relational databases
• Manage data collection for SPI’s annual timber harvest depletion
• Manage files and reports related to SPI’s carbon offset program
• Work following established health and safety procedures
• Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry, GIS or Natural Resources discipline; Work in this position qualifies toward RPF experience requirements
• Experience using ArcGIS
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, experience with Microsoft Access is a plus
• Familiarity with standard data collection tools such as iPads, GPS and file sharing/data management applications
• Working knowledge of forest inventory methods and GIS, experience with Atlas-GIS desirable
• Ability to read and interpret maps and aerial photography
• Must be able to demonstrate good organizational skills with superior attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, ability to work as a “team” member in a crew environment
• Ability to hike in extremely remote and mountainous regions using maps, compass, and GPS
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a resume and cover letter referencing this position by February 4th 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.