Our Forestry Division, Martell District, has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help manage the Company’s timberlands in El Dorado, Amador and Calaveras counties. Work will be out of the Martell office, requiring living in one of the surrounding communities.How To Apply
About The Position
• Prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THPs), including research, field work and mapping
• Oversee field operations for contracts, including reforestation, logging, and road construction
• Effectively and professionally interact with state regulatory agencies
• Conduct surveys including botanical, wildlife, archeological, roads and watercourses
• Forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass and GPS
• Assist with patrol duties on Company controlled roads
• California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam
• Familiar with the California Forest Practice Rules and THP preparation
• Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and GIS-based software programs helpful
• Ability to successfully work both independently and as a team member
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to safely negotiate steep mountainous roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a resume and cover letter referencing this position by September 30th 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.