We are seeking a qualified Planer Supervisor to work in Quincy, CA. This is an opportunity to work and live in a small, beautiful, mountain community in Northern CA. How To Apply
About The Position
• Promote and maintain a safe working environment. Ensure that safe workplace practices are followed, promote a culture of safety by leading by example. Keep safety awareness at the forefront
• Supervise, train, direct and coordinate the work the crew. Make sure to maintain open and effective lines of communication
• Effectively manage the activities of the crew during normal operations, breakdowns, emergencies, etc.
• Work with Mill Manager, Department Superintendents, and other supervisors to optimize productivity and reduce downtime and waste
• Monitor and implement our Quality Control programs and standards. This includes but is not limited to our QMS program
• Actively manage the operations of the department and continuously look for ways to reduce downtime through understanding the operation, analyzing potential options, and orchestrating and executing solutions in a timely manner
• Complete and maintain proper documentation for the operation. This includes production and downtime reports, maintenance lists, Workers Compensation documentation, attendance forms, disciplinary action forms, etc.
• Manage absences, both expected and unexpected, and vacations. Manage crew members placed on modified duty
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations such as OSHA requirements, wage and hour rules, and environmental requirements
• Participate in crew member corrective, disciplinary, and discharge actions
• Participate in the interview process and the selection of new crew members
• One or more years of crew leadership or supervisory experience preferred
• Proven commitment to a safe work environment and following company policy
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and lead and motivate a crew
• Possess an understanding of wood products manufacturing with emphasis placed on people management
• Possess the ability to handle multiple priorities in a face paced work environment under demanding circumstances
• Basic computer skills are preferred but are not a requirement
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.