Up to $1,500 hiring bonus!
Wages range from $27.63 - $29.99 per hour
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and holidaysAbout The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on diesel trucks, pick-up trucks, log trailers, and semi-trailers
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of vehicles and maintain maintenance records
• Operate equipment as needed
• Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production timesQualifications
• 1 year of diesel mechanic experience or educational equivalent
• Proven prior experience working the above mentioned vehicles required
• Knowledge of Cummins Insite and Davie diagnostic tools a plus
• Preference give to applicants with fabrication and metal work experience
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines
• All applicants must be at least age 18Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
14980 Camage Avenue
Sonora, CA 95370
Can't make it in? Let's talk!
View all of our available trucking positions at: spi-ind.com/trucking
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.