Wages range from $18 to $20 per hour
We train and promote from within
Qualified Research Technicians help to maintain Sierra Pacific Industries' long-term water quality, sediment and erosion, road inventory, and fire weather and repeater network programs. Research and Monitoring Program staff are required to be familiar with, and adhere to, the Research and Monitoring Program Quality Assurance Project Plan, all standard operating procedures, and any additional departmental procedural documents. Follow all Research and Monitoring Program guidelines, requirements, standards, documentation practices, and quality assurance/quality control procedures throughout the life of all projects. This position provides an excellent opportunity to support various ongoing peer-reviewed research projects throughout Sierra Pacific Industries' California Timberlands.
Successful applicants will assist the Research and Monitoring Crew in a hill slope erosion study using a rainfall simulator in burned and non-burned mixed-conifer forests. Data will be documented in the field and entered into a database daily.
The Research Technician will use ATVs, 4x4 vehicles, and foot access to perform a variety of tasks with the Research and Monitoring Crew in Sierra Pacific Industries forests. Applicants must be willing to work in remote areas as a group, as well as alone.Other duties include, but are not limited to
• Collecting water quality, riparian, and microclimate data at long-term study sites in remote areas
• Performing work in the Research Laboratory and maintaining Sierra Pacific Industries' fire weather and repeater networkQualifications
• College-level coursework in hydrology, geology, geography, geomorphology, or Forestry, Natural Resources, or related program of study is preferred
• Possess valid driver's license and have ability to drive on hazardous mountain roads
• Safely use ATVs iin remote areas - will be required to load ATVs into trucks or tow an ATV on a trailer to the field with a four-wheel drive vehicle provided by Sierra Pacific Industries
• Ability to safely work in streams, riparian areas, remote forest road networks, and hike and navigate alone in remote steep mountainous regions using map, compass, and GPSCompensation includes competitive hourly wage and housing allowance for qualifying individuals.How to Apply
Apply online at: spi-ind.com/internships
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume when submitting application.
Applications Close: February 10th 2023
Interviews will be ongoing as applications are received.
Positions may be filled prior to deadline.
Employment Period: SPRING - FALL 2023 (flexible start & end dates)Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.