Up to $1,500 hiring bonus!
Wages for this position are $30.52 per hour
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and holidaysAbout The Position
• Visually inspect quality of lumber to be graded and grade lumber of varying dimensions and species
• Apply grade rules to maximize lumber profitability
• Ensure lumber produced is within grade parameters to maintain grade reliability
• Ensure lumber produced is within expected grade yields and take appropriate action or troubleshoot to correct
• Maximize yield by either determining if flaws in lumber need to be trimmed to maintain higher grade or reduce the grade of lumber
• Calibrate and monitor or grade scan
• Straighten lumber that may be jammed or crossed upQualifications
• 2 or more WWPA, TPI, or similar grader certification required
• 5+ years in the lumber industry
• In-depth understanding of American Lumber Standard grading rules
• Recent, good, verifiable work referencesWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please apply in person Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.