We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and holidays
Our Forestry division has an opening for a qualified individual to administer the Company’s reforestation activities in the Coast Cascade area including Humboldt, Trinity, Siskiyou, Shasta, Modoc, and Lassen Counties. The successful applicant will be required to work out of the Anderson, CA
main office.About The Position
• Supervise the Reforestation Specialists of the Coast, Weaverville, Redding, and Burney Districts to ensure effective and successful reforestation activities
• Supervise the Coast Cascade Area Vegetation Management Specialist in the establishment of a comprehensive system of fuel breaks, fuel modification areas, and maintenance thereof
• Provide advice, technical support, and evaluation of proposed and ongoing silvicultural and reforestation projects
• Oversee the Company’s herbicide purchase program
• Represent the Company in cooperative reforestation associations
• Develop and maintain good relationships with Federal and State agencies, local officials, private organizations, and neighboring landowners while representing the interests of the Company and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Recruit new reforestation talent through participation in the Company’s intern program
• Cooperate with the Tree Improvement Manager in the construction and operation of the Gazelle tree seedling Nursery
• Coordinate area-wide cone collection activities
• Participate in strenuous forestry related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditionsQualifications
• BS in Forestry, Agriculture, or a related field and a California Pest Control Advisors (PCA) license is preferred
• Leadership experience, self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Knowledge of all aspects of reforestation and Sierra Nevada forest types, as well as California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) laws related to the use of herbicides
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle in a safe fashion of steep forest roadsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume
no later than February 7th 2023 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $100,000 to $130,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.