We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are seeking a qualified Tax Accountant
to be an integral part of the Company’s Accounting team with high-level responsibilities in tax and corporate accounting.About The Position
• Tax accounting and tax return preparation in a variety of jurisdictions and for a variety of tax types
• Tax reporting and payment processing in multiple states
• Tax research, analysis, and effective planning
• Maintain records supporting state filing and nexus issues in approximately 40 states
• General ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, month-end close process, reporting and other analysis as needed
• Insure that appropriate internal control measures are followed
• Provide support and financial analysis as needed for special projects
• Cross-train in related positions to contribute to the team environment
• Multi-task and adapt to changing priorities while staying organized and meeting expected deadlines
• Exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential informationQualifications
• 4-year degree in accounting, finance or related field; CPA and tax experience strongly preferred
• 2 to 5 years progressive work experience in accounting and/or tax; graduates with a strong academic record having emphasis in tax may be considered in lieu of work experience
• Strong organizational, mathematical, and analytical skills with the ability to effectively resolve problems
• Willingness to take on increasing responsibilities
• Skilled in leadership and communication
• Professional demeanor with the ability to work in a team environment
• Strong skills in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook)Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Each year, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $80,000 to $130,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.