We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry division has an opening for a qualified individual to supervise the Company’s new state-of-the-art conifer nursery in Siskiyou County. The successful applicant will work from the Nursery, located in Grenada, CA
.About The Position
• Oversee conifer seedling production, including project management, seed preparation/organization, and greenhouse logistics
• Coordinate daily operations of seed sowing, irrigation, fertilization, chemical applications, conifer care and growing functions, harvesting, and order processing
• Accurately manage crop scheduling, pesticides and fertilizer usage, and soil mixes
• Monitor and ensure product quality
• Lead through example and supervise a team of growers and other crew
• Assist customers with purchasing seed and seedlingsQualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, or other related field, OR 3 years of Nursery management experience
• 1-year experience in conifer propagation and the effects of environment, nutrition, and technical factors on plant growth
• Demonstrated skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven ability to thrive in a constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of plant diseases and management with pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides is preferredWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Tana Hartman, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $75,000 to $110,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.