We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry division has an opening for a qualified individual to help grow and maintain the confier crops at our new state-of-the-art nursery in Siskiyou County. The successful applicant will work from the Nursery in Grenada, CA
.About The Position
• Manage day-to-day production of top-quality conifer seedlings, including pesticide application and schedules, irrigation, fertilization, nutrition, monitoring, and overall health of the crop
• Responsible for soil management, including tracking of soil EC and pH values
• Run/calibrate irrigation, fertilizations, and spray equipment required to achieve desired results
• Identify crop issues and report to the management team
• Ensure accurate crop records are maintained for all species and locationsQualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or other related field, OR 3 years of nursery grower experience (conifer preferred)
• PCA/QAL or ability to obtain license within one year is preferred
• In-depth knowledge of conifer propagation and management along with the effects of the environment, nutrition, and technical factors on plant growth
• Demonstrated knowledge of different confier species, their growth requirements, and common issues
• A strong self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to thrive in a constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of plant diseases and their management with pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides are preferredWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $95,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.