We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are a third-generation family owned, family-oriented company where employees are respected, integrity is valued and a strong work ethic is recognized and rewarded. We are looking for an Application Developer
to become a valued member of our IT team that takes pride in effectively responding to business needs and directly contributing to the success of the Company. This position is not remote and is based from our main office in Anderson, CA
.About The Position
• Analyze business requirements then design, create and maintain applications using modern RPG and development tools on the IBM i (Power Systems) platform
• Utilize technology to solve problems and provide software solutions with varying degrees of complexity
• Collaborate with users to enable them to excel at their job
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application functionality
• Drive to completion all phases of application development
• Be diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staffQualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related computer science program OR three years of professional experience with application development, preferably with RPG IV / ILE RPG in a business environment
• Basic knowledge of SQL and database concepts
• Experience in the wood products or other manufacturing industry is preferable
• Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and able to maintain focus on long-term projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company
• Proven problem-solving and time management skills
• Results-oriented; demonstrated sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• Committed to the highest levels of integrity and ability to maintain confidentialityWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $70,000 to $120,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.